What is a Meal Plan?
A Meal Plan unlocks delicious meals, coffee, snacks, and more, at 20+ locations across campus. Your Meal Plan includes Meal Swipes, Meal Exchange and Flex Points, conveniently loaded onto your Student ID Card assigned to you by Monarch Card & Business Services. No need to carry additional cards or cash! Please note Meal Plans are on a per-semester basis.
Meal SwipesMeal Swipes give you access to our dining hall: Broderick Dining Commons.
Flex PointsFlex Points are dining dollars that may be used at any Monarch Dining location. 1 Flex Point = $1 and they are tax-free. Use Flex Points for bottled beverages, snacks and convenience items; or after Meal Exchange swipes have been used. Visit our locations page for location information, including dining hall menus and hours of operation. Please note: Flex Points roll over from Fall to the following Spring Semester, if a Spring meal plan is purchased.
Meal ExchangeInstead of using your Meal Swipes in Broderick Dining Commons, you may also use your Meal Swipes at select Monarch Dining, national brand locations for certain meal combos.
Meal Plan Benefits
With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like
- Healthy choices available all across campus
- Special events with themed meals and exclusive offers for meal plan members
- Casual atmosphere with wifi, TVs, music and lounge-style seating—perfect for studying or hanging out with friends.
- Dedicated Vegan Café at Broderick Dining Commons
- Reusable To-go Containers:: Every meal plan holder is eligible to select a sustainable to-go meal option. Visit Broderick Dining Commons to receive your meal to-go in a reusable container. Return your used container to the receptacle and receive a coin for your next to-go meal.
Managing Your Plan
There are many ways you can manage your meal plan and check your Meal Swipes and Flex Points balance:
- On the ODUMobile app under the MyODU tab
- Log into cardcenter.odu.edu
- Log in to your MyODU Portal
- Your Flex Points balance can be find on the bottom of your retail purchase receipt
- Visit the Card Center in 1120 Monarch Hall, open Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Flex Points running low? No problem! Add more Flex Points online.
Information coming soon!