We are committed to the safety and well-being of students, faculty, and staff, as you prepare to return to campus in the fall. We have implemented additional safety processes and protocols to help ensure the safety of campus operations.
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- CLEANING: Our sanitation standards and controls have always been industry-leading and the Covid-19 protocols we’ve layered in raises the bar even higher. Our systems and controls are designed to ensure that all equipment, areas and spaces are maintained at the highest level. Our products (detergents, sanitizers and disinfectants) have the highest possible efficacy ratings. Each associate receives extensive and ongoing training and utilizes our proprietary “Day-At-A-Glance Tool” to guide them through specific cleaning requirements for every station and space.
- HIGH TOUCH CLEANING: Per CDC guidelines – each location has identified all surfaces and items that are at higher risk of coronavirus contamination (door handles, light switches, condiment stations, etc.) and have implemented
- EQUIPMENT: All equipment utilized in cleaning and sanitation, including dishwashers, glass cleaners, chemical dispensers, etc. are checked multiple times per day for correct temperatures, concentrations and functionality.
- CDC Covid-19 Guidelines
- HAND HYGIENE: The most important Covid mitigation practice remains proper hand hygiene. We have provided our students and guests with Increased availability of hand wash stations, hand sanitizer, ‘no-touch’ service options and targeted signage and communication to promote hand hygiene. Our employees receive Substantial and ongoing hand hygiene training, an increased schedule of mandatory hand washing and appropriate use of PPE (gloves).
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Increased signage, floor graphics and traffic flow patterns are in place to encourage our students and guests to practice social distancing. Where allowed, socially distanced seating areas are also established and maintained. Our employees also have assigned work spaces and schedules to encourage social distancing whenever possible. In areas with increased close contact where social distancing is not always possible (cashier stands, etc.), many accounts have installed plexi-glass an enhanced layer of protection.
- FACIAL COVERINGS: ALL employees, managers and vendors must wear facial coverings at all times while in our locations. Approved facial coverings are issued at the start of each semester and replaced as needed. Face shields have also been provided in key circumstances where additional protection is required (including quarantine and isolation meal deliveries).
- EMPLOYEE HEALTH: Our employees understand the team effort required to keep our students, guests and team-mates safe in this challenging environment. Each employee confirms daily that they have not travelled to restricted areas or knowingly been exposed to anyone with the virus. They also confirm that they are not experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 (coughing, fever, shortness of breath, etc.). Every employee and vendor also undergoes a daily temperature check as soon as they arrive. In the unfortunate incidence of a case in our facility (guest or employee), we follow all CDC guidelines on contract tracing and space disinfection to ensure we’re doing all we can to mitigate the spread of the virus.
- Product Safety
- VENDORS & SUPPLIERS: All vendors and suppliers must pass stringent safety and sanitation requirements to gain and maintain approval. Additional controls will be placed on vendor deliveries to ensure the safe transfer of all products.
- FOOD SAFETY: Standards for food receipt, storage, handling and preparation are very detailed and specific. Each step of the process is monitored and documented so that quality, temperature control, and contamination risks are managed at all times.
We are here to answer any of your questions: Contact Us
In the event you are quarantined- we got you covered! Monarch Dining is committed to keeping students safe during uncertain times. We have designed quarantine boxes for students who will be quarantined in a specific area for 14 days. Each box contains three days’ worth of food items including six frozen meals, breakfast items, bread, turkey, cheese and fruit and granola bars for snacking. Boxes are delivered 5 times during the quarantine. Students also have a menu of hot meals they can order to be delivered to their room.
QUARANTINE HOT MEALS
You will receive an email confirmation once your order has been placed. For questions please email qservicemealsODU@gmail.com. For immediate assistance call 757-289-5281 or 757-667-9035.
Drop offs will be delivered to your door.
Breakfast: Order by 8am for 9am-9:30am delivery
Lunch: Order by 10am for 12pm-12:30pm delivery
Dinner: Order by 1pm for 5pm-5:30pm delivery
Please note that a form will have to be resubmitted for every meal. You can only select one menu item for each meal period. For example, if you submit a form for breakfast at 7:30am, another form will have to be submitted for lunch.
To order a quarantine hot meal click here
QUARANTINE BOX REORDER
You will receive an email confirmation once your order has been placed. For questions please email qservicemealsODU@gmail.com. For immediate assistance call 757-289-5281 or 757-667-9035. Boxes will be delivered to your door on Monday’s and Thursdays from 12pm-12:30pm.
- Submit order Sunday for Monday delivery
- Submit order Wednesday for Thursday delivery
To reorder a quarantine box click here
To keep students engaged, we have a 14-day activities calendar. Activities for each day get delivered during dinner. Activity examples include: Movie Night, Ice Cream & Cake, and Stackable Snackables!
- "I really liked that you guys had a variety of options from cold meals to hot meals."
- "All the choices were good especially breakfast. For dinner and lunch, Chick-fil-A and Raising Cane's were my favorite. The salads were also good and the dressing made it better."
- "My favorite activity was the Stackable Snackable."