What is a Meal Plan?
A Meal Plan unlocks delicious meals, coffee, snacks, and more, at 20+ locations across campus. Your Meal Plan includes Meal Swipes, Meal Exchange and Flex Points, conveniently loaded onto your Student ID Card assigned to you by Monarch Card & Business Services. No need to carry additional cards or cash! Please note Meal Plans are on a per-semester basis.
Meal SwipesMeal Swipes give you access to our dining hall: Broderick Dining Commons.
Flex PointsFlex Points are dining dollars that may be used at any Monarch Dining location. 1 Flex Point = $1 and they are tax-free. Use Flex Points for bottled beverages, snacks and convenience items; or after Meal Exchange swipes have been used. Visit our locations page for location information, including dining hall menus and hours of operation. Please note: Flex Points roll over from Fall to the following Spring Semester, if a Spring meal plan is purchased.
Meal ExchangeInstead of using your Meal Swipes in Broderick Dining Commons or Rogers Riverside Cafe, you may use a set number of Meal Swipes at select Monarch Dining national brand locations for certain meal combos.
Meal Plan Benefits
With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like
- Healthy choices available all across campus
- Special events with themed meals and exclusive offers for meal plan members
- Casual atmosphere with wifi, TVs, music and lounge-style seating—perfect for studying or hanging out with friends.
- Dedicated Vegan Café at Broderick Dining Commons
- Reusable To-go Containers:: Every meal plan holder is eligible to select a sustainable to-go meal option. Visit Broderick Dining Commons to receive your meal to-go in a reusable container. Return your used container to the receptacle and receive a coin for your next to-go meal.
Managing Your Plan
There are many ways you can manage your meal plan and check your Meal Swipes and Flex Points balance:
- On the ODUMobile app under the MyODU tab
- Log into cardcenter.odu.edu
- Log in to your MyODU Portal
- Your Flex Points balance can be find on the bottom of your retail purchase receipt
- Visit the Card Center in 1120 Monarch Hall, open Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.